Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 20 Nov 1999 00:33:28 -0500
From:         Frank Miller <fmiller01@SPRYNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: dim "High beam" indicator light

All tungsten incandescent lights powered by DC current will grow darker with age. The filament boils off and some is deposited on the glass outer envelope, causing them to look a dark silvery color over time. Nothing you can do about it except replace it. May as well replace them all while you're in there.