Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Nov 1999 01:16:10 GMT
From:         "Ali ." <chaplin980@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      My VW saved my life!

Hey all,

I was in a bad accident yesturday morning, and it was only because I was in my van that I'm typing this right now. You see, a car (I think a saturn or something) came at my van (I was driving my '84 Vanagon). The car hit me twice which sent me flying into a telephone poll then into the corner of a house. My boyfriend (who was with me) and the 2 passengers of the other car were fine, but I was rushed to the hospital. I'm alright now...luckally only sore...like that feeling after you have a good workout and just wake up the next day. Well anywho...the car first hit me on the front corner of my driver's side. If I wasn't higher up than the other car, my door would have been impaled in me. and the windshield shattered but stayed in one piece so that glass didn't go flying into our faces (I did take out the driver's side window with my head...ow does it hurt!) but other than that my van kept me safe. I mean, it has no front and I ran into the corner of a house and we were safe. Even without airbag I never hit the steering wheel and my boyfriend never hit the dashboard. (WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!!!!!!! It kept me from flying through the windshield!!!!) My van was towed away...I went today to collect all my belongings. My Uncle is going to take any parts from it that he wants for his Vanagon camper, then it's getting trashed. The funny thing is that the only time I cried while I was lying on the grass with the paramedics over me was when I took a look over at my baby...my van...and realized that it wasn't going to come back. We had 3 good years together...she was my first car...I had my first kiss while standing outside of her while she played jazz music, and my second and present boyfriend kissed me for the first time while sitting in her....she was the favorite car of all my friends and she was always good to me. I'm going to miss her. I just wanted to tell you all that I truly believe that we are the owners of the greatest vehicles out there...our vans have souls...at least mine did. I'm going to miss her.

Peace, Allison, 19, NJ Chaplin980@hotmail.com

"Don't you get ahead of me and I won't leave you behind if you get unhappy show me a sign. There's no love like lost love no pain like a broken heart there's no love like you and me and no loss like us apart ." ~ ben harper