Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:46:52 -0800
From:         John McLean <jaymac@INTERNETCDS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Light switches

I have a similar problem: my headlights (high and low) stopped coming on. The dash lights comeon and the park lights come on. The passing high beam flasher works so I have high beams if I want to hold the dimmer switch up while I drive. The fuses are still good. I replaced the dash hadlight switch with another and still have the same situation.

Jaymac, 87 vanagon GL

A & C Grobey wrote:

> My headlights have been giving me problems lately where they turn off > while driving on a bumpy road. They also sometimes do not turn on > without jiggling the switch a little. Now they won't come on at all. > I think it is the switch itself that has gone bad.Has anyone ever had > their headlight switch go bad to the point where the headlights won't > go on but the parking lights will? I'm 99% sure this is what it is > although I haven't verified it with a volt meter yet. It just seemed > like a strange thing to fail so I wanted to poll the list to see if I > am not alone.Alan Grobey > '91 Carat > Sherwood, OR

[text/html]