Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:02:28 -0800
From:         Steve Macaulay <smacaulay@INFINTIUM.COM>
Subject:      Re: foglight switch kits are back!

This kit plus a set of Hella XLs (auxillary low beams) work well together to provide another option to the poor low beam lighting of our vans. Several listmembers including myself have been pleased with the additional light that the XLs produce. They are street legal low beam lights that Hella claims provides a "100% improvement" over typical low beams. I would agree with their statement. These are not driving lights, but low beam lights that you can keep on all the time. They are automatically switched off when the high beams are turned on. They are typically mounted on the bumper, so they don't provide the stock look that the $275+ vanagon H4s or the South African grill option can provide. However, at around $100 a pair, they certainly don't cost as much as the stock options. Earlier year vanagons with the round lights have some other cheaper options like real H4s, but the 86 and on square light options are pretty expensive. I liked them enough to put another set on after my first set was damaged in an accident.

There is some info in the archives from this past summer that provides some more details on these lights if anyone is interested.

Steve

89 Westy