Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:38:35 -0500
From:         Bulley <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>
Subject:      Re: How does the Oxy Sensor Work/ go bad?
Comments: To: Mark Keller <kelphoto@ISLANDNET.COM>

From Oxygen Sensor Information Written by Rick Kirchoff (rick@posms.cactus.org) Edited to html by Jim Wright http://atlantis.austin.apple.com/people.pages/Jimbo/o2info.html Found by typing "How does an Oxygen sensor work?", into Altavista.

G. Matthew Bulley Director Bulley-Hewlett & Associates www.bulley-hewlett.com Cary, NC USA 888.468.4880 tollfree

-----Original Message----- From: Mark Keller [SMTP:kelphoto@ISLANDNET.COM] Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 1999 1:44 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: How does the Oxy Sensor Work/ go bad?

Greetings,

Can someone tell me how the Oxygen sensor actually works. Does is work by actually sensing oxygen in the exhaust? Or does it "correlate" by providing exhaust temperature to the ECU, which then interprets the Oxygen based on other inputs from the injection system.

Does water or methanol in the fuel cause the oxygen sensor to read to rich or lean?

Does water or methanol, or other fuel additives, cause an oxygen sensor to fail prematurely?

Sincerely,

Mark Keller 91 Carat "Lazarus"