Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Nov 1999 13:07:10 +0100
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Piero Padroni <vanagon@HOTPOP.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon in Italy

Hi Helmut, I'm sorry but I have no good news for you. VW-Italy doesn't know the existance of white front turn signals, they are only in the orange version and cost about 20 US$ (40000 italian lire). Regarding springs, yes, OSRAV is a good factory producing excellent springs. On site http://www.emmenet.it/OSRAV/menui.htm is written: OSRAV auxiliary springs solve any loading problem in every situation, lining up the vehicle when it is equipped with a gas/methane installation, when it tows a trailer or simply whenever the load lowers the back carriage. 5 YEAR GUARANTEE and 'TÜV' HOMOLOGATION. Well, I wrote to OSRAM asking prices and mounting charcteristics, and I'm waiting their reply. That's all. I'll post you as soon as I have more informations. bye, Piero.

At 11.27 24/11/99 +0100, you wrote: >Hello Piero, > >Welcome to the Vanagon List, you're one of the very few European >members, first Italien I ever heard about. > >You can give some favour, if you like to. In Germany there are some >white front turn signals on the market, very expensive. And I heard from >some rumours, that white corner lights are available from the Italian VW >parts counter. > >When ever you have time for this, please inform me about: > >-VW parts number of this lights >-The price VW asks for this lights > >Another task I have in mind: >There is an Italian factory producing additional spring for the rear of >a 2WD Vanagon. The factory is called O.S.R.A.V. Did you ever heared >about? You can find it on the web. I asked for some information about >that springs by e-mail, but I never got a response. One time a sales >person resonsibe for Germany called me, but my wife who answered the >phone counldn't give him details I would like to know. So he promised to >call once again. But he didn't for the last four weeks. > >About your choice 2WD or 4WD: The Syncros are very expensive if you need >to buy spare parts. 4WDs are very popular in US, but I'm fine with my >2WD. I replaced the engine into a 5 Cylinder, this was cheaper than an >exchange engine sold by VW. You will find some details at >http://volksweb.relitech.com/helmut > > >That's for now, greetings from Dusseldorf, Germany > >Helmut >'80 Vanagaudi

------------------------------------------------------- Piero Padroni Genova ITALY '84 Vanagon 1.6D (green) e-mail: padroni@lycosmail.com vanagon@hotpop.com -------------------------------------------------------