Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:07:32 EST
From:         Connal Hughes <cmmhughes@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help
Comments: To: chastro@BOX-C.NIH.GOV

I've had similar problems that have turned out to be a bad fuel pump. Although I'm not sure how that would explain the fact that in gear/out of gear makes a difference.

I also took the car to a garage once after being unable to go above like 20mph on the highway. They suggested it was the mass air flow thing (the exact name is escaping me). They replaced it but the car died similarly 2 weeks later and the second garage diagnosed the fuel pump.

Just a past experience, but the hesitating and refusing to accelerate sounds familiar.

Connal