Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Dec 1999 22:13:26 -0600
From:         Brian Asbury <asbury@TELEPAK.NET>
Subject:      80 Vanagon FS, New Orleans
Comments: To: "vanagon@vanagon.com" <vanagon@vanagon.com>

Ask and you shall receieve.

I have been looking for a Vanagon for several months now. A few days ago, I sent my info for the roster to Karl in hopes of increasing my vanagon "karma" and lo and behold I found this:

1980 Vanagon L 4sp, 85k miles AC Bright Orange Body is in good shape, appears to have been repainted somewhat recently. Interior looks a little rough, seats were folded down.

$1800 or best offer

504-835-2481 after 4pm

I called tonight, but didn't reach anyone that knew anything. I was really looking for a later model, but the low mileage and good body got my attention. I'm going to try to look at it this weekend and get some info on mechanical condition. If anyone else is interested, email me and I will share the info that I get.

I'm looking through the GREAT info on the vanagon.com web site as far as what to look for mechanically, but assuming no major problems, what do you think of the price? It seemed a little high to me but I'm still really new to all this.

thanks

Brian