Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Dec 1999 17:41:29 MST
From:         Wally Schneider <wallysch@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine rebuilding resources
Comments: To: bostneng@FCL-US.NET

I wonder if this is where our Doktor Tim got his PhD?

Cheers

Wally 84 Westy > >ThomasD. Hanlon wrote: > > > > Karl, > > > > Look to bostonengine.com. Bob Donalds offers a Ph.D course, gratis. > > > > A MEMO FROM THE COLLEGE OF BOB > Department of Debating > Professor and Master of Debating Bob Donalds > Wayland Ma > >Dear Tom, Karl and the list > >I like Ken at Vanagain and Ron at the bus depot are trying to make a >living >by selling parts and services. I also like to sharing what I have >learned about vanagons on the list. Gene Berg taught me years ago that >sharing what I know brings people (customers) to me. I am greatful to >him for taking the time to write down and publish the things he found to >be true. Gene had a hard time with people that bought parts somewhere >else and called him asking how to make it work. it got to the point that >he would check to see if you had bought the part from him before he >would work with you on the phone to get it right. I must admit was >always a little nervous about calling him so I woud start by thanking >him for making me a better engine rebuilder. I cant blame him one bit >why should he spend time with somebody elses customer. So the same thing >can be said about Ken, Ron and myself why would we give advise or tech >support to somebody elses customer after all you are keeping us from >helping people that are spending money with us. I will tell you why I >give limited tech support to most callers first its hard for me not to >be polite on the phone and second I am in business and I try to feild >all calls in a polite professional manner. There Will always be the guy >or gal that only found me after they bought there parts someplace else >and I given them a minute or twenty all the time to resolve there >problems. I do try to treat people the way I want to be treated. > >let me end this rant by saying that I will try and continue to help >those who need help as I can but my customers will come first. Please >consider the value added each vender has to offer by that I mean the >knolage and experiance to sell you and support you with exactly what you >need do the job right the first time. >I do not speaking for Ken or Ron but dont think they would disagree > > > The College of Bob