Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:49:33 -0800
From:         Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: Glovebox and Stereo Removal-87 Westy
Comments: To: ATWISE@AOL.COM

Glovebox: Open. Remove all stuff. Reach back and find the two 'ears' that stop the glove box from coming further out. Bend the ears far enough that they will get past the stopper thingies. Now the glovebox will go all the way to the floor and spill out the contents if you did not remove all the stuff. Now look at the hinge. See the key slot. Align the key and the slot and slide the hinge apart. Remove glovebox.

Radio: Get $2.00 removal tool at Wal-Mart. Or get a coat hanger. Cut two 10 or 12 inch pieces. Bend both into 'U's so that the ends of the 'U's are spaced the same as the vertical distance between the holes at the corners of the radio face plate. Insert 'U's into the holes. Angle then outward (I think). Gently but firmly play with the pressure and placement of the 'U's. The catches should release and then you can slide the radio out. Be careful with the ends of the 'U's... they will scratch plastic.

Have fun. Bill 90 WEsty Syncro -----Original Message----- From: Mark Hooper <ATWISE@AOL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Wednesday, December 08, 1999 2:09 PM Subject: Glovebox and Stereo Removal-87 Westy