Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Dec 1999 07:41:11 +0200
From:         Juha Koivisto <juha.koivisto@TEPCOMP.FI>
Subject:      Re: TD coolant circulation pump

The sensor (or actually temp switch) of this pump is located somewhere between oil filter and the block ..when you open the lid of the engine compartment you must see it.

The sensor is 107 °C (don't know at F). You can identify the sensor by the colors of the wires. The sensor has two wires brown and brown/red while the pump has red and brown/red. There is also a relay enabling this additional cooling in that plastic box (on the wall of the engine compartment).

I could check location of this sensor from my van but it is so cold out there and it is much easier to give advices from here inside. BTW I couldn't found anything about this in Bentley ('cause this function hasn't been in US models).

Juha Koivisto '88 Vanagon (Caravelle) 1,6TD (old school bus with 9 seats) TURKU, FINLAND