Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Dec 1999 01:34:51 -0500
From:         EMZ <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      Re: Brake Parts
Comments: To: Tromper <tromper@MINDSPRING.COM>

I ordered 2 Brazil wheel cylinders from B.D. They were leaking with in a month of installation. I let them leak, because it was very small, due to poor machining. Two years later, I am no longer working with the guy who inspects my vehicles and no one will pass the Van with these wheel cylinders. Quality control is the issue here. I have also seen these last a long time without leaking a drop. You get what you pay for! Lastly, they will not completely fail. So brakes or not, is not the issue. My FLAP had a set for $11.95 each. Turned out to be the same exact one as B.D. had to offer. I told them what had happened with these and they send they would return these at no charge. Bingo. They will get as much bissness as I can provide them. Co. name is Import Source (here in Pgh.) So far there isn't a part they have not been able to get. Anyone want the phone number: (412) 661-7733.

Eric 86-VW4x4 vw4x4@fyi.net 72-240z Pittsburgh, PA USA 1936-Chrysler