Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:05:50 -0500
From:         EMZ <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      Re: syncro rotors
Comments: To: Rick Koller <rkoller@HELIX.NIH.GOV>

I did this job on my Syncro about 1 year ago. The studs stay with the hub. NO need to touch this area. Your biggest problem, will be removing the small set screw that holds the rotors on and the rust that has sealed the rotors in place. With the screw, use a big chisel. This should take it out. No need to save it, it is really not needed. Since you are replacing the rotor, take the BIGGest hammer and just break them off. Note the rust. If I were you I would take measures to prevent the new rotors from rusting.

Eric 86-VW4x4 vw4x4@fyi.net 72-240z Pittsburgh, PA USA 1936-Chrysler