Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:54:24 -0500
From:         "David M." <dmc@CYBURBAN.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon Digest - 14 Dec 1999 - Special issue

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:44:38 -0800 From: Stuart MacMillan <stuart@COBALTGROUP.COM> Subject: Re: Help : Transporter Pulls to the Left

It is strange to me. Australians drive on the left, but they were a British colony. What really amazes me is Japan and I think other parts of Asia/Indonesia might too. There were few cars and trucks before WWII, and we occupied them during the post war rebuilding. Where did the left side driving come from there? ------------------------------------------------ They used to drive on the left (side of the road) in Australia as in many former British colonies but they converted to the right. Rather silly whan you consider they are so close to Japan and they drive on the left. The silliest thing of all is that the US still does not use metric.