Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Dec 1999 23:29:31 -0800
From:         Ty Graham <tyg@OZ.NET>
Subject:      Re: Campfire coffee, was: Heater for Winter Camping
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>

The Bodums are good. It's the only way I make coffee at home.

Not so great for camping though. The coffee cools too quickly on those fall mornings. Also, I worry about cracking the glass.

We now use a Nissan insulated coffee press we picked up on close out at Starbucks. We've taken it camping for years with no trouble. I really like controlling my own coffee destiny while away from Seattle.

I've seen this same pot at Real Goods and REI or Campmor.

For a righteous camping cup, try Torrefazione Perugia. www.titalia.com

Ty Graham '91 Syncro Westy '86 Syncro DoppelKab