Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Dec 1999 18:49:27 EST
From:         KENWILFY@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Hoses Age
Comments: To: wdavidson@thegrid.net

I don't know how anyone got the impression that the coolant hoses that I am talking about are old. I am basically talking about buying hoses now that are relatively new (made within the last few years) before VW phases out production of these hoses so that the only choice we have is NOS.

However, I also agree that the main things that kill hoses are: 1. Exposure to oil, fuel, or gas. 2. Cycles of expansion and contraction. 3. Cycles of hot and cold. 4. Time

Of course if you get stuff that says "Made in West Germany" this is always a tip off to me. I see it all the time (not on hoses!) and for most, non-time sensitive parts, it is no big deal.

Thanks, Ken Wilford http://www.vanagain.com John 3:16 Phone: (856)-765-1583 Shop: (856)-327-0027 Fax: (856)-327-2242