Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:23:36 -0600
From:         Chris Smith <chris.smith@AQUILA.COM>
Subject:      Re: camping list
Comments: To: Troy Crivellone <cherrydad@HOTMAIL.COM>

At 10:30 PM 12/16/99 PST, Troy Crivellone wrote: >I have a '80 vanagon camper with stove, fridge, sink, water, external >plugin, pop top and the works. I would just like to know if anyone had a >list of essentials to have a fun group camping trip or indivdual trip to a >forest. Please keep in mind that this is an 18 year old, so no romance >novels, or needle work. Just essentials. This will be for spring and >summer camping not winter. Should i also pack an extra battery if no >electricity is provided? > If you go camping out of a car or backpacking now, you'll need the same stuff, only now you have more space. Since you have an '80 plan on lots of tools and a cell phone on top of your gear. I like to have some emergency food, water, stove, and even a tent and sleeping bag in my westy. But then again, the old motor went one too many times, and no broken westy keeps me from camping!!!!!!!

Someone else proposed camping for short durations near wal-marts. That is a great idea, and explains most of the junk that has accumulated over the years in mine. The only other thing I would add would be an atractive SO to share the time with.

Enjoy your classic vanagon Chris Smith '82 Westy '74 Thing (great to take camping as well) Die Busbesitzer Gruppe www.dreamwater.com/dbg