Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:12:08 -0500
From:         Frank Miller <fmiller01@SPRYNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Words to avoid, was: Apology for "Jap" comment

Now I'm offended, you forgot us "Hunkies" or for us Pittsburghers' "Mill-Hunk" :) Frank Miller

At 09:49 AM 12/17/99 -0500, Bulley wrote: >Here's a great list of biggoted words to avoid, depending on context. It >isn't all inclusive, I add to it almost every week, obvious ones are not >included. I use it to scan marketing materials for potential offensive >stuff. E.g.: a recent written ad I reviewed was talking about information >security/networks/hackers. On of the common slang terms for a hacker is >also "cracker", which is also a slang derogatory euphemism for >white-skinned folks. > >Here's the list, no offense: > >Jap >Yellowman >Chink >Gook >Charlie >Wap >Dago >Spic >Jew >Jip as in: 'he jipped me!' >Gypsy, Gyp, as above >Kraut >beaner >Polock >White trash, trailer trash >Redneck (highly-dependant on context) >Diesel >Dyke >Fag, faggot >Milk-toast >Homo >Fairy >Retard, retarded >Cripple, (crippled is often okay) >Mongoloid >boob, teat, rack (when referring to female body part) >Moon-child >Negro >Mulato >"Indian" (call by tribe: Navajo, Sioux, Lumbee, instead ) >cracker >Hippy (usually out-of-date) >Pre-pubescent (to refer to kids, children) >Redman >Drunk (as a personal noun, not as an adjective) > >That's what I have for now. Please p-mail me any additions > >G. Matthew Bulley >Bulley-Hewlett >Corporate Communications Counselors >www.bulley-hewlett.com >Cary, NC USA >888.468.4880 tollfree > Frank Miller

Alternative Business Systems "Leaders in Customer Relationship Management Solutions" 4216 Indianola Avenue Columbus, Ohio 43214

Tel: (614) 447-0060 Fax: (614) 263-9086 URL: www.altbussys.com