Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Dec 1999 23:29:55 -0500
From:         Alan Pickersgill <pickersgill@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: High Speed Bucking in an 85...
Comments: To: Richard Bias <rbias@HOTMAIL.COM>

Richard: I had a similar problem on my '85 Transporter/homemade West. and it was diagnosed by a dealer, I believe correctly, as a problem with a part of the electrical system. This is actually the subject of a service bulletin which a dealer showed me. I've just checked my file and the wiring harness needed to cure the problem costs $125 Canadian - part # 025-906-302-A. It was apparently replaced free of charge on '85 models if done within a certain number of years, maybe under warranty. I didn't bother to spend the money and it has rearely re-occured. But once I knew what it was I didn't worry about it either. It's really no more than an annoyance.

The other advice you got sounds plausible too - that it is negative pressure in the fuel tank due to a blocked vent. I've actually heard of rabbits with this condition that continued to run but eventually collapsed the tank - just sucked the top and bottom in as if they were severly dented.

Alan Pickersgill Ottawa Ontario Canada

At 08:13 AM 17/12/99 PST, Richard Bias wrote: >All, > OK, My wife does not want to drive it again (she almost got killed going >40 MPH up a big hill on Rt 80 by us) and my parts guy is going to sell me a >fuel pump relay for our intermittent high speed bucking. Tach stays where >it is, fuel filter is new, AFM strip was clean about 2 months ago. Do you >think the relay is it? Thank you. >Rich and Annemarie >85 GL "Buba" >98 Bug >______________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > Alan Pickersgill Ottawa, ON Canada