Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Dec 1999 01:43:09 -0800
From:         se7en <manx1342@TELEPORT.COM>
Subject:      Re: star grounds

Woody Halsey wrote: > > Dear List, > > A recent post mentioned the "star grounds" under the dash. They sound > important! Can anyone tell me what and where they are? > > Thanks, > > Woody

Take a phillips screw driver and remove the screw(s) that hold the fuse block to the dash (left of steering column, assuming you have left hand drive). It is probably a good idea to remove the ground cable from the battery first. Pull it down a ways so you can see up under the dash. My bus has two round multiple connectors screwed to the bulkhead with a lot of brown wires plugged onto them. This appears to be where most every thing in the bus is grounded (except for some of the engine controls which are grounded in the rear). I removed all mine 1 or 2 at a time and sprayed a little wd40 on them and plugged them back in. Bad grounds can cause a lot of weird electrical gremlins. I also did my rear grounds. It doesn't take long and is good insurance.

arlen