Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:51:00 -0700
From:         "Mark A. Williamson" <mwilliamson@ABCH2O.COM>
Subject:      Re: coolant smell

I have had this same problem. I have tried only two remedies, neither one worked completely. I tried silicone caulk and pematex (From-a-gasket) to join the face plates at the shutoff valve. The leak was slowed, but not eliminated. However, I do not know if there is a fundamental flaw in using these materials or just an inadequate job on my part applying the "sealant".

Inspecting the surfaces of the face plates I cannot figure out why they should be leaking now when they did not before. They look good. It seems to me like there ought to be a simple fix for this other than purchasing a new core.

-- Mark A. Williamson Denver, CO 88 Wolfsburg Multivan (135K) 95 Golf (56K)