Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Dec 1999 11:26:41 -0500
From:         jsnyder <jsnyder@SHENTEL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Front Door Speakers
Comments: To: Betsy Webb <WebbKVMA@ADELPHIA.NET>

Hi Betsy

I recently replaced my front speakers in my '82 Vanagon diesel with a set from Pioneer that was ordered over the web from Crutchfield. Search for Vanagon speakers on their web site. They were about $45-50 and the only ones I could find with no modifications needed. The entire speaker unscrews and has a plastic threaded piece behind the door panel. The door panel was easy to remove partially and plastic sheet behind it put back in place. I used a set of needlenose pliers spread apart a little to insert into the holes in the grill to help unscrew the originals. The Pioneers sound good for such small speakers but certainly not what I am used to and not nearly as good as the speaker system in my new Jetta. I normally use my fader to enhance the back speakers which are 8 inch Pioneers.

Good luck.

Jim Snyder

----- Original Message ----- From: Betsy Webb <WebbKVMA@ADELPHIA.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, December 19, 1999 8:49 AM Subject: Front Door Speakers