Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Dec 1999 06:27:23 -0500
From:         "Carrington, Tom" <tcarrington@RELITECH.COM>
Subject:      Re: Diesel to Air tranny change?
Comments: To: T G <caninewolf@RAVEWORLD.NET>

No, you really want to stay with the diesel gearing. Your diesel engine is not strong enough to turn the higher gear ratios in the gas tranny. Simply take the bellhousing and input shaft from your failing transmission and install it on the used transmission. Takes about 20 minutes or so, once the old tranny is out of the Van.

People are offering them to you that way since they have converted diesels to gas and have the gearboxes laying around.

TomC (Who also has a diesel gearbox sitting under his toolbench) tcarrington@relitech.com http://volksweb.relitech.com 85 Vanagon Crew Cab 82 Westy diesel=>gas conversion 65 Notchback