Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Dec 1999 20:39:42 -0800
From:         david griffiths <griffiths5130@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: OXS and Battery Light? Van Dies. (Fixed)
Comments: To: Patrick Hatcher <phatcher@RRINC.COM>

Check your supplier. I was able to replace the brushes for around $25 cdn. about 3yrs ago no problems since.

84 Westy Leaker not coolant just in the drivers compartment, water leaking in not out; suggestions please from the audience.

Patrick Hatcher wrote: > > Hi all. > > Thanks for all the very helpful places to look and things to check before > replacing the alternator. > > It ends up that the alternator wasn't putting out anything and did need > replacement. I was kinda rushed (holiday travel), so I opted to put > another alternator in. It was used and only cost me $40. Between the > price and the guarantee that if this one fizzes out in the next few weeks > they'll replace if for free, I believe this was the best choice. > > I believe it all comes down to a theorem: The more the van breaks down, > the more I learn about working on the van. So, the next time the van > breaks down, I'll know whether to frown a little or start screaming. ;-) > > Have a safe and merry Christmas, > > -Patrick > '85 Westy GL "Vicki" > > J. Patrick Hatcher > Technical Writer/Systems Trainer > Recognition Research, Inc. (RRI) > 1750 Kraft Drive, Suite 2000 > Blacksburg, VA 24060 > 540.961.6500 > 540.961.3568/fax > http://www.rrinc.com > phatcher@rrinc.com