Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:31:33 -0800
From:         Brent Christensen <bpchristensen1@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Any Recommended VW Shops in the Dallas Area?
Comments: To: David_B_Maguiness@TIVOLI.COM

David:

Are you moving to Dallas, or just going there to get a Vanagon? I was very close to moving to Dallas a few months back, and posted a similar question to the list - the responses I got were so discouraging that I decided not to move to Dallas after all, and take a lower-paying job here in my home town. (Well, the Syncro was a contributing factor at least...) :-)

The feedback I got fell under the following categories: 1. What the HELL are you moving to Dallas for, are you crazy?? 2. There are no shops in Dallas that know anything about Vanagons. 3. There are no Vanagons in Dallas. 4. There is no place to USE a Vanagon (for camping) within 400 miles of Dallas. 5. "I took my Vanagon to the dealer once, and they weren't sure what it was, even though they were the ones that sold it to me 10 years ago..."

There are List members in Dallas; maybe they can offer some help: Chuck & Kirsten Huber <Antiscian1@AOL.COM> Yi-Ruey Wei <ray.wei@US.PWCGLOBAL.COM>

Here is a direct quote from Yi-Ruey's e-mail to me regarding Central VW:

"...Central VW is the largest dealer in town. But they screwed my Jetta and Syncro several times when these cars were still under warranty. And I still remember when my Syncro developed the head leak 4 years ago, the service manager of Central VW told me that HE HAD NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM BEFORE! and that made me missed the "free" head replacement offered by VWoA at that time..."

Pretty discouraging, I know. Good luck to you!

Brent Christensen '89 GL Syncro Westy "Klaus" Santa Barbara, CA