Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Dec 1999 22:44:08 -0800
From:         Susan Bernavich <susanb@WIZZARDS.NET>
Subject:      Christmas Gift

Merry Christmas to all of you folks on the list! Although I rarely post...I am an avid lurker and really value the spirit and wealth of information that is shared. Today being that it is Friday and Christmas Eve...I wanted to share a neat thing that happened to me today....I was doing the last minute shopping thing today at a busy super store...it was crazy people everywhere...several times an elderly woman and I crossed paths spoke a few words laughed wished each other a Merry Christmas and moved on through the crowds...it was uncanny..I kept running into her all over the store...finally I got through the line and headed outside to the parking lot. Parked several vehicles dowm from me was a very good looking older Westy..being the lurker that I am of course I casually moved in for a closer peek.. lo and behold who pops out from the other side of the Bus but the elderly lady from the store. I just Knew it!!! There was just this connection with her that I can't describe...there insued a wonderful conversation of her adventures...she'd had her bus for many years and toured all over the U.S. She is in her late 70's. single with a wonderful twinkle in her eye...i said to her ' bet you have had a ball in the bus.'..she said 'oh do you mean sex?".I.cracked up..anyway as we stood in the parking lot eating chocolates and talking about our VWs...a new friendship was born...we exchanged addresses...I can't wait to have coffee and visit with her more...oh by the way she is getting a computer...when I told her about the list she was thrilled...Ah.........she was a wonderful Christmas gift!!!!! Goodnight .......