Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Dec 1999 21:51:46 -0600
From:         chris smith <chris.smith@AQUILA.COM>
Subject:      Re: More counter-intuition re traction (some token VW content)
Comments: To: "John P. Flaherty" <jflaherty@PIVOT.NET>

At 09:22 PM 12/26/99 -0500, John P. Flaherty wrote: >Interesting addition to this thread. Here in Maine, a new law took effect >this winter. It requires that front wheel drive cars which use studded snow >tires must use them on all four wheels. Rear wheel drive's still just need >them on the back wheels. Any other states with similar laws?

heck, here in The Peoples and Governor "no tax raises" Ryan's Republic of Illinois, we are not allowed studded tires even in rural areas. So all your neighbors drive SUVs you can't see around and they can't handle. You should see the neighbors faces when the Cherokee shows up in my drive covered in mud.

Wishing I could afford the care and feeding of a syncro, Chris Smith '82 Westy '74 Thing Too much other stuff