Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Dec 1999 14:43:08 -0500
From:         "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Any interest in custom Euro license plates?

Greetings members:

I am thinking about ordering another custom European type front plate for my van.

Many of you probably have thought about the same thing. I may be able to negotiate a "deal" for mass purchase. We could then custom order what ever you want, ala' WESTFALIA, VANAGON, IRON IGLOO, KLAUS, 4BYTHOR, DIMWITTED MOOSE and FLYING SQUIRREL (hmm don't think that'll fit), or my recent personal favorite: WESTFAILURE, (okay its a joke) or whatever you want of course! (Don't worry, I'm not plagiarizing your names! I can't remember all the interesting and original names seen on the list right now so I left out hundreds upon hundreds, I know). Plus, it would sort of identify us "List Members" readily to another on the road. I think that would be cool. And a German van just HAS to have a German tag. : )

I do not have any idea what it would cost right now. Each one would essentially be a separate custom order, so it won't be super cheap. But the quality from this particular supplier seems to be the highest I have seen.

I will try to get set up for pictures and information. This could take a bit of time. Please be patient. Tags would be 21 inches and an 11 character limit, or a 16" plate with a 7 character limit, or the 12" plate with a 6 character limit. Just like a regular German tag. I don't have pictures or a scanner right now, or any of that. I will see what I can do in that department.

If you are interested just let me know. I may repost this in a few days to try to get to everybody who may be out of town.

H K Sawyer Ringgold, Georgia 706-965-7580 91 Westy - still toying with a names

List vendor wannabe : ) --Plays an attorney in real life