Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Dec 1999 18:22:55 -0800
From:         Captain Ray Nemo <busray@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Changing coolant hoses.
Comments: To: tim.vogelin@PLEXUS.COM, vanagon@vanagon.com

I've been putting this off for awhile. What brand is the hose? Does it have a stock number?

Please let me know how this repair progresses.

Thanks, Ray

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:29:30 -0600 From: Tim Vogelin <tim.vogelin@PLEXUS.COM> Subject: Changing coolant hoses.

This weekend I am tackling the task of replacing the long coolant pipes from engine to radiator. I already bought nice heavy duty 1" inner diameter coolant hose to replace the pipes with. I am also going to replace the heater hoses from the engine to the heater core in front cause they look like they need it and I am going to have the gas tank off so may as well do it then. I am wondering what size hose to get for this? I also found a place that I could get 11/4" ID coolant hose for the main lines and wondered if I used this would it fit through the openings that the pipes go through in the chassis. Is there any advantage to using the bigger stuff? Easier to attach to the rest of the system, etc.? It is nice heavy duty hose used for farm stuff that they sell at Fleet Farm. Would this be a good idea? Thanks in advance. Tim Vogelin 84' Wolfsburg