Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Dec 1999 01:35:31 -0500
From:         "Joe L." <jliasse@TOAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: New EPA rules for gasoline
Comments: To: Kent Christensen <lkchris@USWEST.NET>

In this particular case I dont think it is a question of if the politicians care but wether or not one particular politician cares; that being Bill Clinton. This is, after all, not a bill that will be passed in congress but a rule change from an executive agency. In short, a decree. While it is true that the decree can be nulified by a majority vote in congress that vote would have to be done by a bunch of republicans in the house, all of which are standing for reelection next year and have no desire to be pummeled by "They are for dirty air and dont care if the children die!" type ads that would surely come if they nullified the decree. The decree shall therefore stand.