Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:35:42 -0800
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Syncro diff light!!!!!!

When I first pick up my van from the dealer the light/ and servo did not engage. I checked underneath and one of the little vaccum rubber hose was cracked and not activating the servo. I replaced the little hose and it has since worked like a charm. Check the rubber hose first. It is easy to brush off and near a low point under the van. It is also very easy to replace.

Joel 89 Syncro Westy

--- EMZ <vw4x4@FYI.NET> wrote: > The dif. lock is controlled by vacuum. This maybe > your problem, as the > valves are known to leak. It maybe holding the servo > in between. On the > other hand, the pluger in the the axle are also > known to rust, and if > not used often will lock, but not unlock. Finnally > there maybe just > be a short in the switch located near the servo or > in the wiring. > > > Eric 86-VW4x4 > vw4x4@fyi.net 72-240z > Pittsburgh, PA USA 1936-Chrysler > > > On Sun, 26 Dec 1999, mike g. wrote: > > > Being eager to test the traction capabilities of m > new syncro I drove > > onto a road with about 1 foot of snow. Things > were going great until I > > veered off of the road and into a deeper area > where after spinning the > > wheels and rocking back and forth I managed to > get high-centered. > > Anyhow, after I managed to dig myself out I > returned to the roadway and > > the diff lock light will not go out! I can push > the knob in and out but > > no go! After about 80 miles on the freeway > returning home the light > > flickered and went out, but as soon as I cheered > it flickered and went > > back on again. > > Right now it doesn't seem that there is a whole > lot of wheel dragging > > going on when I turn corners. Does anyone know > why this light will not > > go out? Will anything other than tire wear occur > while driving with the > > diff locked? Help!!! > > > > > > Mike Garske > > > > '88 syncro > > >