Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:18:24 -0500
From:         Bob Repich <icarus@SNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: Road Weary

About 12 years ago my wife and I spent 53 weeks in our 1971 Westy in Europe. We shipped it to Rotterdam, Netherlands and toured all over, getting as far as eastern Turkey. Something like 17 countries. Shipping it over was a lot cheaper than renting anything over there for that length of time. We probably could have bought a camper upon arriving, but this saved the hassle of finding something. Also, we were able to do any work necessary before leaving the States and were also able to do minor interior customization here. Once we arrived all we had to do was unpack the boxes of personal items and cooking equipment and we were on our way. I'd do it again in a minute, even though I think I still have bumps on my head from the last time. Wonder how long it takes before you are REALLY used to living in it and Never smack your head. We met a lot of wonderful people, many of whom we are still in contact with 12 years later. Saw a lot, learned a lot! Of course a built in stove and refrigerator (not icebox) would have been nice!

Bob Repich Currently 1986 Westfalia, our 3rd Westy