Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Dec 1999 22:27:18 -0800
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      CRASH - The computer, not the van

After many months of crappy online service and several other maladies, it was determined that the only way for my computer to work correctly was to perform a complete lobotomy.

I performed a backup of all documents on my Zip drive, and proceeded to reformat my hard drive. Reloaded Windows and most of the other crap that came preloaded on my computer. Reinstalled the Zip drive, went to reinstall all of my documents, and . . . ALL THAT'S LEFT ARE THE FOLDERS!!

Yes, this has happened before, but with the disk scrub, it shouldn't happen again.

This is important for two reasons: the first is that I lost all of the roster info. I would surely appreciate it if someone would email me a copy of the old roster, so that I can reconstruct it.

Anyone who sent my personal info but did not receive a roster will, unfortunately, need to remail to me.

Secondly, I was in the process of mailing some funds to someone named Terry who lived in Paw Paw, Michigan. I had agreed to buy his transmission, and have lost any and all info on how to reach him. If anyone has his email address, please forward it along to me.

My apologies on this,

Karl Wolz

[text/html]