Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Dec 1999 07:19:22 -0800
From:         David Garth <garth1@PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      I'm Back! Also, Hot water with no drain

Hello everyone,

My name is Dave Garth. I live in San Luis Obispo, on the California Central Coast. I was active on this list in 1993-1997. At the time I had a 1986 Westy, and was quite proud of the elegant additions I had made including hot water, shower, and catalytic vented heat. Unfortunately, I sold that van. Now, I'm looking for a Synchro, and thought I would catch up with the list.

Several of you seem interested in hot water for showers, etc. I used the coolant loop from the rear heater to heat the water in the Westy tank. The critical part is to have a temperature limiter or else you'll have 220 degree water and a severe scaling hazard. I used a water bed thermostat to control a hot water valve, so when the temperature reached 110 degrees, the valve would close. A new demand pump and shower head are very easy to obtain and install.

I hope some of my old friends (like Martha) are still around.

Nice to be back.

Dave