From: gerry = rafferty
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Friday, December 31, 1999 = 8:32 AM
Subject: Intermittent = knocking/rattle sound

This week I started to get a intermittent metallic = knocking/rattle sound that lasts a couple of seconds when I go into 3 gear.It occurs in the = first 5 minutes of driving,I think it's doing it in 4 gear but I sense it = rather than hear it.It appears to be coming from the Drivers side of the engine department.I've checked the eng compartment,CV and rear tyres lugs for = tightness-OK.Average temp. here is 5C.
One thing I did notice last night, when I pushed the clutch = in-sound disappeared,clutch out-sound reappears.
Clutch problem?
Any ideas welcomed.
GerryR