Please excuse me raising this subject = again but there has been so much too-ing & fro-ing that I just wanted to = summarise what had been said in my own mind that I can actually go ahead and = put it into practise this weekend.
When I recently re-built my engine I = followed the Haynes manual when adjusting the tappets and pre-loaded the hydraulic = tappets by getting to the point where the assembly took up all of the slack and = then added a couple of extra turns.
It now appears that general concensus = is that I should have in fact made not pre-loaded but instead backed off slightly = & set a gap of about .006".
(This is with a cold engine that has = been standing overnight).
Is this correct or have I = mis-understood ?

I have not checked the compression yet = with my present settings but the lack of power and ease of turning over the = engine indicates that something is not quite right.
What compression should I be after with = a new set of pistons, barrels & heads ?

Thanks in advance
Phil
81 Type 25