I've been seeing battery booster packs = advertized in various places. TV informercials and elsewhere. They're to be plugged = into a vehicle's cigarette lighter and used a like a booster battery. They have = booster cables and apparently some also have AC and DC plug-ins and inverters to = run such things as portable electric coolers and other devices you might = have in a Westfalia. My interest is in the refrigerator (my home made West has no = fridge, and no secondary deep cycle battery).

I'm wondering if anybody has really = used/lived with one of these devices and can tell me what it can do. They seem to cost = $120 + US. I'd be interested in one if it could keep a cooler cool without = recharging from evening till morning (say 12 hours).

Any real life experience would be = appreciated + anyone who knows which are the good brands.

Alan Pickersgill

85 Transporter/Westfalia
Ottawa Ontario
Canada