This raises the question "When is the coolant to hot?" The coolant temp gage is the primary indicator that the coolant is not doing it's job and the engine is running hot. It the temp needle goes the peg on the high side, obviously engine is heating up dangerously. What about a situation where the gage says the engine temp gage says all is ok, but the sensor light blinks....and yet the coolant level is OK. I have seen that situation at least once.

My engine melted a piston, and all the gages said all was OK. I am now getting a new engine. Am I going to have the same problem? Is there something in the system that has not been corrected and is going to trigger another failure?

I have real concern here.

John Rodgers
88 GL Driver

Chayan Srisawat wrote:

From Transporter manual, page 41:
"If the lamp flashes when driving, either the coolant temperature is too high or the coolant level is too low."

Chayan Srisawat
'89 Syncro, '72 Bus
Rayong, Thailand