Can anyone tell me what can happen if you were to use too much antifreeze, and not enough water? Would you have boiling problems? Or is more better? I know you need enough to keep it from freezing. One of my other VW's gurgles a bit like it's boiling- in the overflow, after i shut it off hot. It stops after 5 - 10 seconds. I know I may have put too much clear antifreeze when I replaced the radiator. I had not noticed this before the radiator. (I don't think it's the head gasket, as it would push water when you ran it)

T G wrote:

I am wonder if it could be more air in the system, perhaps too much water in the mixture?  or if the sending unit for the tempeture gage is broken.

Tim G
82 Diesel Westy(3k on rebuild)
84 Vanagon Wolfy(for sale-850/bo)
(2) 73 Opel GT's..Im looing for another body..do you need parts?  email me:)
EX: 87 Vanagon Syncro
(The VW section) http://www.angelfire.com/vt/psychodelic/VW.html
(Homepage) http://www.angelfire.com/vt/psychodelic

The future sound of music starts here.,