Does anyone have any info on these = sportamatic transmissions that were used on 71 porsche 911s. Are they similar to the = ones used on volkswagons. Do they have torque converters and were they pretty = reliable. I'm looking at a porsche 911 thats for sale and i'm specticle = about the sportamatic transmission. Are they common and what is the = accessabilty of them if you do have problems with them. How do they work without a = clutch? If any one can give me some info on these transmissions...it would be = greatly appreciated.
Andy
82 Wild Wild Westy
So Cal