"Buettner, Peter" wrote:
From: "Buettner, Peter" <PGB@dolby.com>

Good work Anders!  I forgot how much the VW dealer wants for a new VC, $1600???  Looks like the folks at Steyr are pretty friendly.  How about asking about a group purchase?  This should bring the price down even more (if they go for it).

Lets have a quick check.  How many of you would buy a new VC right now if the price was $500 or less?

Count me in. We'd probably get a warranty well.
But before somebody jumps into action and orders a whole bunch of VCs we should wait and see how Derek's effort is going.
-Larry Johnson
'86 Syncro Westfalia
'86 Syncro Double Cab Pickup