I've tried ICQ and it works great. I had to stop though, to regain some = productivity with the 'puter. Then my kids discovered AOL IM, and now refuse to let = me onto my PC. Using the latest version, with Win 98, so far so good, and it's free.

No real preference, just don't want to run *two* instant messaging apps at = one time. Windows will probably start talking to itself and refuse to even = let me catch this list!

Antaki =

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2000 2:15 = PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: anyone use ICQ??? = Mtngal raises her hand

      Listee's:

    I've been away = from the list for about 6 weeks. I took a flight to = Florida the last half of Nov...When I returned my PC was causing me all kinds of = grief nearly the whole month of Dec.  I'm finally back on the list...I = haven't had time to get to the archives. I lost everybody's e-mail address in = my immediate area (Central California) and my personal Vanagon Archives ;0(
          &nbs= p;I'm back online and hope to hear from you all now ;0)

          &nbs= p;            = ;            =       Debi Webi/Mtngal

NOW TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN ICQ:
I use ICQ, you'll love it once you = get it installed.  It was/is still
"freeware" that AOL "bought" and = is working toward melding their Instant
Messenger program to be = identical to ICQ, sooner or later I'm sure it will
become IM and we'll lose our = beloved freeware program, unless we let AOL
dominate our PC's (according to = recent TV news)

GO TO: www.icq.com = download your 99b beta version ( it always says beta it's been beta for = about 3 years that I'm aware of).  It is the #1 Chat/messenger freeware = around the world.. Created in Televive
Message me and identify yourself = and I will guide your through the software
and it's options...My nic is: = FRIEND # 11427418