I have to concur on the poor customer = service and questionable work from MSHP.  I bought a pair of rebuilt heads from = them for my 1.9.  After installing the heads, I kept loosing coolant and = temp would get dangerously high.  After resealing heads two more times, = I finally measured and found that one cyl was cut .013 deeper than the other.  Norm failed to believe it until I shipped it to him.  = I meanwhile ordered another head and was charged for it.  It took = seven phone calls and over 3 months to get credit for the head.  They were = supposed to re-imburse me for all the gasket sets I went through, but never did = that.  In addition, the other head developed a water leak between the top = coolant passage and the spark plug area.  Rather than fight it any more, I just installed a long block from another vendor.  So far, = so good, but only about 1,000 miles.
Steve Sandlin  www.steveslockshop.com
''84 Wolfsburg Westy
'79 Transporter
'00 New = Beetle