If you have the heads off and there is more than 50K on her, do the valve job. You won't regret it. But if you don't you may!!

John Rodgers
88 GL Driver

Gerald Masar wrote:

Hi listers, My '90 Westy, with 123k miles, is going in soon to have the leaking head gaskets replaced. Is there anything else they should look at or do while it's there? Specifically, a valve job? It runs fine, gets 19mpg around town and about 22 on the highway. The O2 sensor has never been replaced. I guess I fall somewhere between regular maintenance and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Standing by with the CO2 bottle and thanks. Jerry