You need to find out what is wrong. I've done this = upgrade a number of times and the 1.9 injection system works fine on the 2.1. The = only functional difference in the air system is the throttle plate = diameter.  To use the 2.1 air flow meter will require changing the entire system = including the ECU, Distributor, harness, and sensors.

Dennis
----- Original Message -----
From: Jason Denton
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Thursday, January 27, = 2000 3:33 PM
Subject: Wanted: 2.1L = parts

I am looking for a complete set of 2.1L air/fuel = injection parts to put on a new 2.1L engine......air-runners, plenum, throttle, = afm, etc.

I need them soon.   Please email me with = details if available.

I tried a 2.1L engine with 1.9L air/fuel = parts.....doesn't currently work great.

Thanks, = jason