From: Caston/Payne
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Saturday, February 19, = 2000 10:34 AM
Subject: EMZ's language (no = vanagon content)

At = 12:33 AM -0500 2/19/2000, EMZ wrote:
> I work in a co. that has done most = of the research for todays motor
>oils. Motion and movenment is our = business. We make the most precise
>machines in the world. If we don't = know about oils we would have been
>gone years ago. Instead we support some = of the biggest co.'s in the world,
>in motion. This includes all of the = automotive industry.
>
> When someone is looking for help, = and they come up with half wit
>ideas, that counters all the reseach = in the industry, there is simplly
>no reason to even try with them.
>

> Eric 86-VW4x4
> vw4x4@fyi.net 72-240z
> Pittsburgh, PA USA 1936-Chrysler

You don't work = in sales or PR by chance, do you? ;-)
Eric I'm just going to say this = and this only:
Often you have really valuable input.
More often = you attach to that valuable input snide remarks that belittle others for no = reason. I guess you must have emerged from the womb complete in all your = knowledge. How else would you have learned, based on that second paragraph?

Until presented with evidence to the contrary, we = all hold our ideas about certain things as true. All the research at one time = pointed to a flat Earth. Then someone thought differently and tested the = theory. But you know what? That person then had to convince THE WORLD that their previously held truisms were false. I suppose, had you been in that = explorer's place, you would have gone back to port and not told anyone about it. = Because after all, they had "half wit" ideas about what you knew to be = inaccurate so there was "no reason to even try with them".

I think someone = looking for help, with inaccurate ideas in tow, warrants understanding = supported with the scientific data to support the new idea. I respect your = understanding of things that I don't. But, I for one, am tired of hearing you shoot off = your mouth about how everyone should know this or that. You're just unkind. = My filter works, too! So, consider this; if the majority of the list = begins to filter your posts, who's reading them? Prolly just yourself. So, happy = reading.
Later,

Dave C.
Williamsburg, VA
zzzzzzzzzz__