Inspecting my front brakes yesterday, I = noticed that while the pads definitely need replacement soon, the rotors = themselves seem to be pretty glazed, with little ridges (normal kind of wear), but that = there is probably about  1mm of wear on the rotors themselves.  (in = other words, there is a 1mm high ridge around the outermost part of the = braking surface of the rotor, where the pads do not contact the = rotor).

Question:  How much material is = there to begin with on Syncro rotors?  Are they pretty good about being able to be = turned (resurfaced) and still be in spec?  Or should I just go ahead and = order new rotors now while I'm ordering other stuff from the Bus Depot? (like = pads, control arm bushings, etc. etc. etc.)

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA