One problem with a safe is that it = will focus the attention of thieves. A safe is like a magnet to a thief as they = know that most likely there is something valuable inside. Some thieves can open = them easily. Some others will damage your vehicle hack them out. Some thieves = will be thwarted. What every you do make sure it is NOT visible from the = outside. Personally, I just hide valuable things carefully where they are like ly = to be overlooked and make sure to not let people see valuable things that will = attract them to the van in the first place.
Bill
-----Original = Message-----
From: Josh Monson <jmonson@USWEBCKS.COM>
T= o: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM&g= t;
Date: Monday, February 28, 2000 11:39 AM
Subject: LockBox

I am looking to put some type of lock box, i.e. = safe, in my 1985 Vanagon GL.
AS i live in the city and = these vehicles are prone to breakins I was hoping to
get some type of lockable unit that would be actually bolted to the
frame of the vehicle or something else in = order to prevent it from being
carried out. A box = big enough to put radio-faceplates, cds, carphone, etc. . .

Any ideas? or has anyone done this before? =

Thanks,
Josh