Since I have read so many posts about cleaning pop = tops over the last couple years, I thought I would finally post my own = experience.  I have not seen this mentioned before (which = surprises me since it is so simple), but it worked very = well.

My white top had a lot of tiny black spots all over = the horizontal surfaces.  Tried a mild bleach solution, thinking = it might be mold, but that didn't work.  Then I got up there with = some soap and water and one of those little yellow 3M sponges with the = green fiber on one side.  I used a light pressure and a swirling = motion, and it removed the stains like magic without any harsh = strippers, bleaches, etc.

It also seemed to leave the surface a bit = dull-looking, so I hit it with some Meguire's wax and an orbital = buffer.  It now looks like new, beads water like crazy, and is = actually almost shinier than the paint!

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA