From: Mark Drillock [mailto:drillock@earthlink.net= ]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 1:14 PM
To: BRENT CHRISTENSEN
Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: Replacing brake rotors [Syncro

Brent, on most Vanagons the front wheel bearing races = are pressed into
the rotors so changing the bearings is convenient = when changing the
rotors. Not on Syncros and at least some South = African 2wd models, as
these have rotors that can be easily changed without = involving the
bearings. If you are changing the lower ball joints = on your Syncro, I
think that you will have the bearing housings out = anyway. Given the
~200K miles on it, I would change the bearings while = it is apart to save
labor charges later. The bearing do wear out.

Mark